FtW Bloggers Group

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Captain Titus

40K Radio is wanting to plaster their new digs with miniatures and announced a contest for a life size (non-functional unfortunately) chainsword. Runners-up (which is what I'm aiming for) get T-shirts or something. The subject is to convert a model to look like Captain Titus from Space Marine the videogame. This meant some serious putty work to bulk up the face (I used a Space Wolf as the base but the cheeks were to think so I had to muscle it up), and the heraldry. On one shoulder I was able to cheat from existing parts but for the "U" on the chest, the figure's left shoulder, loincloth, knee-pad decoration, and the chain sword I pushed my skills to the limit. Which is not very far really. The knee pads themselves are made from carved-down Terminator shields I had. The rest of the parts were standard kit. The base is from the batch I created and molded myself. Enjoy:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment